Our fully-guided ski weeks are the ideal ski holiday in the Dolomites – ask anyone who’s been there! Experienced tour leaders show you around the mountains in small groups, with a maximum of eight skiers per guide. From the Fassa valley we can ski 200 lifts and 500 kms of groomed trails through dozens of ski resorts and villages.
From our base village/resort of Campitello di Fassa or Canazei we visit different areas every day, experiencing the grandeur, variety and romance of the Dolomites (don’t be surprised if you fall in love with the place). Our guides know the best runs and mountain restaurants to ensure you enjoy your week to the fullest. Some days we don’t ski the same lift or run twice. We will take all the stress out of decision making…. which run next, which lift next, where to stop for lunch, how long is it going to take to get back etc. All you will have to do with our experienced team, is enjoy the skiing and scenery.
Highlights include the day-long Sella Ronda route, the beautiful panoramic tour of the Fassa valley, the challenging Alberto Tomba run at Vigo, skiing past a 16th century castle in Val Gardena, the downhill course at St Cristina, the long runs of Arabba, skiing the Marmolada Glacier, the hidden gorge of Sottoguda and a special silver-service lunch in Corvara.
DST Guiding Criteria – Skier Ability
Participants in the DST guiding programme MUST be:
- Strong skiers or high intermediate as a minimum
- A good level of general ski fitness
- Able to ski all runs comfortably, including some ‘blacks’
- Able to ski up to 6 hours per day Normal guided ski day involves:
- ski for 1 ½ to 2 hours -> comfort stop / coffee break, 20/30 mins ->
- ski for 1 ½ to 2 hours, -> lunch break 1 hour, ->
- ski for 2 to 2 ½ hours after lunch. Note that on most days it is NOT possible to ‘drop out’ of skiing at lunch time; we are often far-distant from home base in other valleys; we ski the region, not a ‘resort’ or a single mountain. Skiing commences no later than 8:30am each day. Skiing is in groups of 4 to 8 similar ability skiers with an experienced guide to each group. Groups ski on routes / pistes selected by the guides to suit the particular groups ability. DST can cater for family groups or groups of friends but the group must understand that they will be limited as to what they can do and where they can go by the ability of the weakest skier in the group. We also cater for different levels of ski ability; from slower cruisey groups to those looking for faster steeper runs.
- Weaker or less fit skiers It may be possible, dependent on guide availability, to organize personalized guiding for one or more such persons, at a negotiated extra fee. This may necessitate a special fee arrangement with the Campitello or Canazei Ski School for the times when DST have insufficient guides to provide this special service.
- Inexperienced / new skiers: DST can arrange participation in group or individual coaching sessions with the Campitello or Canazei Ski School with qualified English-speaking Italian instructors. .