Corvara (1,568m) is the main town of the Alta Badia ski region, its central location giving access to the best skiing in the area. Corvara’s slopes connect to other valleys in the region via the renowned Sella Ronda ski tour circuit and all lifts are accessed with the one Dolomiti Superski pass. The Alta Badia region boasts the best mountain and village restaurants in the whole Dolomites, including no less than 3 Michelin-starred establishments. Near Corvara is the La Villa’s famous World Cup GS course, the “Gran Risa”, a truly challenging black run but there are also kilometres of sun-lit cruisy runs to enjoy. Go to Accommodation for hotels and apartments.
- Elevation: Top 2,700m. Base 1,400m.
- Vertical: 1,158m. Longest run 10km.
- Slopes: Beginner 54%, Int. 40%, Adv. 6%, plus access beyond Corvara
- Ski Hire: Skis, boots & poles $160/week
- Lessons (private): from $60 per hour. http://www.scuolascicorvara.it/en